On Friday 23rd October International Synergies NI Ltd was delighted to receive the award for Partnership Champion at the CAN Learning Disability Champions Awards 2015.
CAN (Compass Advocacy Network) is a social enterprise that provides training and employment opportunities for people with learning disabilities. Based in Ballymoney, Co Antrim, CAN has wholeheartedly embraced the concept of Industrial Symbiosis as a valuable tool for achieving its aims. The organisation has worked closely with Liam McNally, Industrial Symbiosis Practitioner, over the last 18 months on a number of specific projects and issues.
Janet Schofield, Director at CAN listed the following reasons for naming International Synergies NI as its partnership champion 2015:
- Gives us concrete partnerships with leading manufacturers
- Provides us with high level executive access to those partners
- Provides us with sustainable waste disposal options to generate ongoing revenue
- Has helped us become more business like and professional
- Helps us with our research and development process enabling us to be innovative and ahead of the game.
- Supports us through the implementation phase of new projects
- Advice and guidance on the environmental commodities market
- Advice and guidance on licensing requirements and exemptions
- Has enabled the formation of a number of new projects focussed around waste reuse and provided us with a ‘creativity’ platform to develop future projects
Contact the Industrial Symbiosis Service
Click here to find out more about CAN